State of the Union: 6/13/16
What's new with RogueCart
This is the first of what I hope will become a series of semi-regular updates on the state of RogueCart. While most companies (using the term "company" loosely) might publish updates on a separate blog domain, I figure since RogueCart is essentially a blogging platform I might as well just publish it here.
As you can see looking around the site today, it's in a pretty nascent state. Essentially all of the content has been written by me, and there are still a number of important features missing before we'll be in a good state to bring on content authors en masse.
Near term product features:
- Image uploading and embed capability
- Comments for content
- Likes for products/content
Product features on the horizon:
- Sign on via platforms outside of Facebook
- Ability to suggest items as additions to collections + lists
- Analytics on content (# of views, # of peoples reading entire piece, product click-throughs, etc)
Technical stuff in the works:
- Caching layer in front of the DB
- Reduced JS payload
- Saner API endpoints
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions about what's going on, let me know at sam at roguecart.com
Want to make your own list?